Graduate Medical Education
Graduate medical education is one of the core missions of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler. The Graduate Medical Education Office is dedicated to training medical graduates in programs that meet or exceed the ACGME guidelines for its General Outcomes Project.
Resident Duty Hours Confidential Reporting
Report resident duty hours in excess of ACGME requirements.Maximum duty hours per week:
- 80 hours averaged over 4 weeks
Maximum in-hospital on-call frequency:
- PGY-2 and above: 28 hours (admitting patients for up to 24 hours, plus 4 remaining hours for transition and educational activities); PGY-1: 16 hours
- PGY-2 resdients and above must be scheduled for in-house call no more frequently than every third night (when averaged over a four-week period).
Maximum time off between scheduled duty periods:
- PGY-1 should have 10 hours, must have 8 hours; intermediate-level should have 10 hours; must have 8 hours. Must have 14 hours after 24 hours on in-house duty; final years: excetions made by RRC
Maximum frequency of in-hospital night float:
- 6 consecutive nights
Mandatory time off duty
- 4 days off per month; 1 day (24 hours) off per week, averaged over 4 weeks
Please email the Compliance office if any concerns. All emails are treated confidentially.
Please email the Compliance office if any concerns.
All emails are treated confidentially.