Family Medicine Residency Program
The Family Medicine Residency Program is fully accredited for three years of residency training. It is a "stand alone" program, with no other primary care residents competing for educational opportunities and teachable moments. The Health Science Center is 'University administered' but 'Community oriented', which means that a wealth of clinical experience is supported by a solid academic foundation.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Tyler
1. Unopposed program-no competing residency programs for 100 miles!
2. University affiliated-community based, offers the best of both worlds
3. State-of-the-art EMR with Dragon Speak [you talk, computer types]
4. Excellent salary and benefits package including laptop computer, yours to keep
5. Sports Medicine fellowship
6. MBA degree available from UT during residency at minimal cost
7. Outstanding residents recruited from top schools throughout the United States
8. Strong didactics, with over 30 hours of scheduled lectures per month
9. Six elective rotations allow residents to tailor their training to specific interests
10. Abundant and lucrative moonlighting
[ok ,we couldn’t do it in 10. We tried. Honest.]
11. Safe, beautiful, family friendly city with high standards and low cost of living
12. Over 600 Physicians in Tyler allows one-on-one training with specialists
13. Comprehensive Emergency Medicine training in busy ER’s and Level 1 Trauma Unit
14. Medical Mission opportunites [mercy Ships, Youth With A Mission, Church organizations]
15. Health Insurance covers resident/spouse/children at no cost to resident
16. Excellent family medicine teaching faculty including FM/OB boarded physician
17. Procedures, Procedures, Procedures!!!!!!!!!!!!