- Financial Aid Office (Managed through UTHSC Houston)
- Federal Student Financial Aid Application Guide
Biotechnology Program Graduate Assistantships (Application):
The Graduate Program in Biotechnology at UT Health Northeast has a limited number of graduate assistantships for students in the Master’s Program in Biotechnology. Assistantship awards are in the amount of $12,600 per year paid in 24 installments. read more ->
In order to be considered for an assistantship, a student must:
For second year assistantships, the student also must:
- Be pursuing a Master of Science degree in Biotechnology at UT Health Northeast.
- Have completed all prerequisite requirements.
- Be admitted to the UT Health Northeast or SFASU graduate degree program in Biotechnology (clear or provisional admission as defined in UT Health Northeast Graduate Bulletin, page 6).
- Be enrolled at least as a full-time graduate student (9 hours of graduate course work in the fall or spring semesters or be conducting thesis research as their primary activity).
- Agree to be a teaching assistant for at least one course, each fall and spring semester.
- Have satisfactorily completed a minimum of eighteen hours the first year.
- Have selected a major advisor at UT Health Northeast.
- Have submitted their thesis proposal.
- Have submitted an approved degree plan.
- Have applied for admission to candidacy.
- Be enrolled in Thesis Research and be conducting active thesis research (at least 20 hours per week).