The SWCPEH has developed numerous presentations for a wide variety of groups from physicians and other heath professionals to community and school groups.
SWCPEH and EPA presented a webinar on ”The New CDC Blood Lead Reference Values” on June 10, 2012.
- The New CDC Blood Lead Reference Value
- Getting Started for Participants Quick Reference Guide
- Advisory Committee on Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention (ACCLPP) Recommendations
Presented by Mary Jean Brown ScD, RN
Presentation discusses the formation of the ACCLPP ad hoc Blood Level workgroup and the 13 recommendations of the group.
- CDC Blood Lead Reference Value, Lead Exposure, and Primary Prevention
Presented by David E. Jacobs, PhD, CIH
Presentation discusses the new CDC Blood Lead reference what it means in regard to primary prevention and the current status of lead exposure in the US.
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention New Reference Value
Presented by Brenda M. Reyes, MD, MPH
Presentation discusses the impact the new CDC reference value has on childhood lead poisoning.
Some other representative presentations are provided for your convenience:
- Bed Bugs! - What’s the Big Deal?
- Children & Disasters
- Children & Nature Initiative
- Environmental Health: Preventing Exposure to Hazardous Substances
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in the School Setting: Strategies for Protecting Children from Exposure
- Elemental Mercury Poisoning in a Family of Seven
- Summertime Toxicology
- An Unexplained Case of Elevated Blood Lead in a Hispanic Child
- Pediatric Environmental History
- Health Implications of Mercury in East Texas Lakes
- Kids in the Country...and we’re not Talking Goats