Fitness Over Forty, a weekly series of video presentations targeting the increasing "over forty" population in East Texas, addresses health and fitness issues that are specific to men and women ages 25 to 54 and older... more »
Dr. David Di Paolo, radiologist at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and nationally certified fitness trainer, hosts the series featuring UT Health Science Center medical professionals who inform viewers about the benefits of a healthy diet and active lifestyle... more »
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is claudication? What is peripheral vascular disease, and how is it diagnosed?
- What nonsurgical treatments are available for blood vessel blockages in the legs? (e.g., angioplasty, atherectomy, stenting)
- What are general benefits of exercise?
- What is the difference between aerobic exercise and strength training exercise?
- How does aerobic exercise improve blood flow (circulation)?
- Is aerobic exercise helpful in preventing heart disease?
- Is it O.K. to exercise if I've had a heart attack?
- How often should I exercise?