Fitness Over Forty, a weekly series of video presentations targeting the increasing "over forty" population in East Texas, addresses health and fitness issues that are specific to men and women ages 25 to 54 and older... more »
Dr. David Di Paolo, radiologist at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and nationally certified fitness trainer, hosts the series featuring UT Health Science Center medical professionals who inform viewers about the benefits of a healthy diet and active lifestyle... more »
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is diabetes? What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- Which is more common: type 1 or type 2 diabetes?
- What factors predispose to the development of diabetes?
- What medications are commonly used to treat type 1 diabetes? Type 2 diabetes?
- How can exercise be helpful for a person with diabetes?
- What influence does exercise have on the blood sugar level? How can it affect the need for insulin or other medications used to treat diabetes?
- How should insulin dose be adjusted before exercise? Where should insulin be injected?
- What are signs of hypoglycemia?