Fitness Over Forty, a weekly series of video presentations targeting the increasing "over forty" population in East Texas, addresses health and fitness issues that are specific to men and women ages 25 to 54 and older... more »
Dr. David Di Paolo, radiologist at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and nationally certified fitness trainer, hosts the series featuring UT Health Science Center medical professionals who inform viewers about the benefits of a healthy diet and active lifestyle... more »
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are examples of low-carbohydrate diets?
- Are low-carb diets effective for weight loss?
- What are potential negative effects of high protein, low carbohydrate diets?
- What is the glycemic index? What effect does the glycemic index have on the risk for heart disease?
- Which foods are high glycemic foods, and which are low?
- How much fat is it advisable to include in my diet? What types of fat should I include?
- How much protein should I include in my diet? What are good sources?