Fitness Over Forty, a weekly series of video presentations targeting the increasing "over forty" population in East Texas, addresses health and fitness issues that are specific to men and women ages 25 to 54 and older... more »
Dr. David Di Paolo, radiologist at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and nationally certified fitness trainer, hosts the series featuring UT Health Science Center medical professionals who inform viewers about the benefits of a healthy diet and active lifestyle... more »
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does microwaving food affect its nutrient content?
- What sorts of chemicals can enter food if it is microwaved in containers that are not microwave safe, such as margarine tubs or styrofoam boxes? What are the potential health consequences?
- What types of containers are suggested for use in microwave ovens?
- What alternatives to microwaving are there for heating foods quickly?
- Can grilling foods produce cancer-causing substances? Is it true that microwaving meats prior to grilling may neutralize these compounds?