Fitness Over Forty, a weekly series of video presentations targeting the increasing "over forty" population in East Texas, addresses health and fitness issues that are specific to men and women ages 25 to 54 and older... more »
Dr. David Di Paolo, radiologist at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and nationally certified fitness trainer, hosts the series featuring UT Health Science Center medical professionals who inform viewers about the benefits of a healthy diet and active lifestyle... more »
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is chondromalacia patella ("runner's knee")? What factors or activities predispose to developing this condition?
- What is "patellofemoral pain syndrome"?
- What are symptoms of chondromalacia patella?
- How is patellofemoral pain (chondromalacia patella) treated?
- When should I see a doctor if I have knee pain?
- What exercises in the gym can aggravate runner's knee? What activities should be avoided, and for how long?
- If I have runner's knee, what aerobic activities can I do? What exercises in the gym are good to do?