HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (S.I.D.S.)
Week of: February 6, 2006
- If blankets are used when the baby is put to sleep, how should they be placed in the crib?
- Why is it important to place the baby on it's back when putting it down to sleep?
- What about pacifiers, do they increase or decrease the risk of S.I.D.S.?
- Does letting the baby sleep in the parents' bed increase the risk of S.I.D.S.?
- How can S.I.D.S. be avoided?