HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Week of: June 12, 2006
- The FDA recently approved a vaccine for shingles called Zostavax, what promise does this vaccine hold and is it a curative measure or a preventative measure?
- Do you see this new vaccine as safe and effective for all patients who are at risk for shingles?
- What is the disease called shingles and why are older adults more susceptible?
- Is there a large market for this new vaccine?
- Are there preventative measures that one can take to avoid getting shingles?