HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Athletes & Cardiac Health
Week of: December 25, 2006
- Should parents be concerned about sudden cardiac arrest in their high school or college athletes?
- What can parents do to prevent their athlete children from becoming a victim of sudden cardiac arrest?
- Should we be screening our kids for heart disease before they engage in school sports?
- Is there an easier and less expensive method than EKG to screen children for potential heart problems?
- What are the cautions attended to implementing an EKG program in high school and college sports?