HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Children & Secondhand Smoke
Week of: January 15, 2007
- What is the risk of a child developing lung cancer if the parents are smokers?
- What complications can a child experience from passive cigarette smoke?
- Are there any studies that show an increase in childhood illness due to passive cigarette smoke?
- Are there health risks to an infant who's mother smokes during pregnancy?
- Can pediatricians detect or diagnose early signs of lung cancer in a child?