HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Extensively Drug Resistant Tuberculosis
Week of: June 18, 2007
- The airline passenger reported in the news recently with extensively drug resistant TB was apparently not infectious, so why was the CDC concerned?
- With the recent news reports, people are concerned. How is it spread, and how likely is one to become infected?
- What's the difference between tuberculosis, multiple drug resistant TB, and extensively drug resistant TB?
- How likely is it to get TB from someone at the grcery store or next to a person on an airplane?
- Ninety-eight percent of TB deaths occur in developing countries, should we in America be concerned about this disease?