HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Women & Heart Disease
Week of: August 20, 2007
- Aspirin seems to help men avoid first heart attacks, but a recent study shows it doesn't help in women. Should women just forget about aspirin?
- Women are less likely to experience chest pain with a heart attack. What symptoms should women look for?
- Women are less likely to be screened for heart disease, what should women do to receive the best heart treatment possible?
- The stats say that a woman is more likely to die following a heart attack than a man, what can women do to improve their odds?
- What's the best advice you can give specific to women, to decrease the risk of heart attack?