HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Facts & Myths About Dementia
Week of: September 17, 2007
- A recent study showed a possible link between acid inhibiting medications like Zantac and Pepcid, and an increased risk of dementia. Should people who take these medications be concerned?
- Is there a connection between low physical activity and an increased incidence of alzeimer's and dementia?
- Are overweight individuals at more risk for dementia?
- If blood pressure is abnormally low, is there an increased rick for dementia?
- Does moderate concumption of wine lower the risk of developing alzeimer's or dementia?