HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Prescription Drugs in the Water Supply
Week of: March 24, 2008
- How did we come to know that were traces of mediations in our water?
- How are prescription and over-the-counter medications getting into our water supply?
- What are the potential long-term effects of drinking water containing trace amounts of medication?
- Is all water contaminated with medication, and if so, what about bottled water?
- How will the EPA respond to trace amounts of medications in our water?