HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Cholesterol Drugs for Children?
Week of: August 4, 2008
- Is it true that children need to be screened for high cholesterol?
- If my child's cholesterol is high, should we consider medication to lower it?
- What are the long-term effects of putting a child on cholesterol medications?
- What prompted the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation for cholesterol medicine for kids?
- If my child has high cholesterol, what, besides medication, can we do to lower it?