HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
The Fear Factor: Emerging Infectious Diseases
Week of: September 15, 2008
- Why are we hearing so much in the news these days about infectious diseases?
- Why does it seem like infectious diseases just pop up out of nowhere?
- Are there infectious diseases we really need to be concerned about on a day-to-day basis?
- We hear the term “drug-resistant” used a lot in connection with infectious diseases. Why is that?
- What are the chances we will see a world-wide infectious disease pandemic in the next 10 years?