HealthConnection is health education on the airwaves. UT Health Science Center presents information on health topics that affect you. Join the medical staff from the Health Science Center four times a day on KTBB 92.1 FM, and stay current on your health.
Reduced Calories for a Longer Life
Week of: December 29, 2008
- A recent study indicates that reducing caloric intake can slow the effects of aging, tell us about the study.
- What is the recommended daily caloric intake for men and women?
- With a recent study suggesting a correlation between caloric intake and aging, do you believe that someone who is obese can extend his or her lifespan by reducing consumption?
- What is oxidated stress and what it's significance in healthy aging?
- Can someone who is middle-aged or suffering diabetes be hopeful of extending his or her lifespan through a reduction in caloric intake?