Cystic Fibrosis & Pediatric Pulmonary Clinic
If you have medical questions about your care, please call:
toll free: (866) 337-2899
Our fax number is:
The Cystic Fibrosis Center provides the following services:
- Comprehensive diagnostic testing, including sweat testing and genetic testing.
- Comprehensive evaluation of each child. When a child is referred to our Center, he/she receives a thorough evaluation of his/her medical needs. A complete history, physical exam, and appropriate diagnostic studies are performed to determine if CF is present. If so, the patient will be followed on a regular basis to monitor his/her growth, any problems, response to treatment, or any other needs. Followup visits are typically scheduled every three months. Your child’s visit may also include:
- Meeting with the nutritionist and/or social worker;
- Laboratory testing, including sputum culture or throat swabs to identify bacteria;
- Annual blood work and chest x-rays;
- Pulmonary function testing
- On-going communication with primary care physicians. Reports on clinical evaluations and recommendations for treatment are provided to your primary care provider. These include results from our microbiology laboratory, which performs an extensive evaluation of cultures to identify organisms found in CF patients.
- Adult CF Clinic
- Other support services. Support services are in place to assist patients and families in identifying available resources. We also provide education about CF and train patients and their families in self-care.