UTHSCT Generic Prescription Drug Program
Below are the key components of our program. The current medications covered by this program are listed in the generic drug formulary.
- A 90-day supply of medications included in our generic drug formulary costs $10.
- What is defined as a 90-day supply of a medication is determined by commonly prescribed dosages. For your convenience, we have listed the quantity covered by our program on the generic drug formulary.
- The prescriptions on our generic program list are subject to change at any time.
- To be eligible for this program, you must be a UT Health Northeast patient, and your prescription must be written by a UT Health Northeast physician.
- If your insurance covers a 90-day supply, we’ll process your prescription through your insurance carrier for a $10 copay. If your insurance does not cover a 90-day supply, we’ll process your prescription without your insurance for a $10 copay. If you have Medicare Part D and your prescription does not process through the insurance company, the amount you pay for your prescriptions will not count towards True Out of Pocket (TROOP) expense.
- This program is designed to help lower your prescription costs. If you have a Medicare Part D plan, it also can help you avoid the “doughnut-hole,” or gap in coverage, and provide you with affordable medications.