The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler :: Research
- The Center for Biomedical Research
- We're proud to say that we are the biotechnology leader in this region. Our goal is to become a national leader in biomedical research.
- Center for Pulmonary & Infectious Disease Control
- We are committed to research that will further our understanding of tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases.
- The Center for Clinical Research
- Providing high-quality, cost-effective clinical research services to our clients so that tomorrow's medicine can reach our patients as soon as possible.
- Department of Cellular & Molecular Biology
- Characterize, isolate, and manipulate the molecular components of cells and organisms.
- Department of Microbiology
- Our research work is with nontuberculous mycobacteria, a group of bacteria closely related to the agent that causes tuberculosis.
- Texas Lung Injury Institute
In today’s world of research and medicine, a battle is raging. It is the battle against diseases that threaten lives. At UT Health Northeast, on the site that once trained 25,000 American soldiers for World War II, warriors of a different kind battle diseases that endanger people of all nations.
- Hospitalizations for heart attacks and strokes declined significantly after Texas city imposes smoking ban
- UTHSCT researcher receives two grants totaling $465,000 to study deadly heart and lung diseases
- UTHSCT mycobacteria lab reaccredited, employees honored for service, and doctors recognized by diabetes program
- Brown-Elliott joins noted journal’s board; Mickey Slimp named to national council; doctor, PA renew credentials
- UTHSCT biomedical researcher receives half-a-million dollars to investigate pleural fibrosis, a deadly lung disease
- New director of UTHSCT’s Cancer Treatment and Prevention Center awarded $1.1 million grant from UT System