The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler :: Center for Biomedical Research
- General Information
- (903) 877-3451
- New Patient Appointments
- (903) 877-5122
- Emergency Room
- (903) 877-7806
- Center for Pulmonary & Infectious Disease Control
- We are committed to research that will further our understanding of tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases.
- Department of Cellular & Molecular Biology
- Characterize, isolate, and manipulate the molecular components of cells and organisms.
- Department of Microbiology
- Our research work is with nontuberculous mycobacteria, a group of bacteria closely related to the agent that causes tuberculosis.
- Grants Administration
- To serve the research faculty, clinical faculty and professional staff at The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler with procuring and managing externally funded projects.
The Center for Biomedical Research at UT Health Northeast allows investigators to engage in multi-disciplinary research that combines tools from Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology. The Center for Biomedical Research is the home of thirty-two faculty members and numerous support staff.