Department of Microbiology
Goals and Objectives
- To provide basic and clinical research resource information in the field of aerobic actinomycetes to clinicians and researchers locally, nationally, and
- To conduct basic science projects including molecular, biochemical, and susceptibility studies on aerobic actinomycetes and related organisms.
- To conduct clinical research projects especially in areas of susceptibility studies of aerobic actinomycetes.
- To collaborate with other scientists locally, nationally, and internationally and to provide valuable information for a variety of collaborative projects.
- To conduct clinical trials of investigational drugs on patients with mycobacterial disease and to provide clinical research data to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and pharmaceutical companies on the findings of these results.
The Department of Microbiology will support UT Health Northeast’s mission to promote health and social well-being at all socioeconomic levels by promoting basic biomedical and clinical research and, whenever possible, by applying the results of clinical and basic research toward improving health care services throughout the State and beyond.
Last Update:March 22, 2010