Volunteering at UT Health Science Center
Volunteers are an essential part of UT Health North Campus Tyler. They lend a helping hand to patients, visitors, and employees by offering the ultimate gifts — their time, skills, and compassion.
How do I become a volunteer?
Adults and teens wanting to volunteer must apply. Start the application process by selecting from the buttons below. Please note, the junior volunteer program is only during the summer, and junior volunteers must be between the ages of 14 and 18.
If you need help or would like to talk to our volunteer services recruiter, call (903) 877-7036.
When you volunteer at UT Health you can:
- Use your talents to help others
- Become a member of a special team of caring people
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Grow as a person
- Learn new skills
- Serve the communities where we live
Who can volunteer?
- Teens ages 14 to 18 (Summer only)
- Full-time workers
What are the requirements?
- At least four hours of service per week
How will I be placed in Volunteer Services?
- In most cases, our volunteer coordinator can work around your schedule, abilities, and interests to find the best fit for your service
What benefits do volunteers receive?
- Free annual immunizations
- Free annual TB screening
- Discounts from the cafeteria and gift shop with ID badge
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
Ready to apply? Start the application process by selecting from the buttons below.
Thank you for your interests in the Junior Volunteer Program at UT Health North Campus Tyler. You can make a difference in someone’s life by starting with these three easy steps:
1. Complete the application below by May 4, 2018. Once the application is submitted, we will evaluate your application and interest. You will be notified of your acceptance into the summer program via an email, which will also include additional forms to be completed and returned.
2. Participants and their parent(s) or guardian(s) will be required to attend a mandatory orientation on Monday, June 4, 2018, at 6 p.m. to introduce you to the policies and procedures of this program.
3. Volunteers will be expected to serve at least one full day per week from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m between June 11 and August 3 for a minimum of 36 hours.
4. Upon acceptance you will be required to complete a background check and TB (tuberculosis) screening. This test will be administered at UT Health East Texas North Campus Tyler free of charge and a parent or guardian must be present. Screenings from other healthcare facilities will not be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application by May 4, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Van Leer, Manager of Volunteer Services at (903) 877-5520 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.