Thank you for your interest in our Anesthesiology Residency Program. We are pleased that you are considering The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler for your next step in training.
The application deadline is December 31 each year for positions that begin on July 1 the following year.
The Anesthesiology Residency program at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler is a four-year categorical program comprised of an intern year, which we oversee, followed by three years in anesthesiology training. We offer 6 categorical positions each year.
- Six categorical (intern) positions starting at the PGY1 year offed through the match for AY 2022-2023
- Six physician (R) positions for residents entering at the PGY2 (CA1) year offed through the match for AY 2022-2023
Residents applying for a PGY2 (CA1) position must currently be in an intern year or have previously completed an intern year.
Applications must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our program does not have a supplemental application. The Anesthesiology Residency at UTHSCT participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applications are encouraged from all qualified graduates of US allopathic and osteopathic medical schools and international medical schools.
Applications must include the documents listed below or you file will not be reviewed:
- Complete ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE/Dean’s Letter)
- Medical School Transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE/ COMLEX Transcript (successful completion of both Step 2 CS and CK is required prior to matriculation)
- Valid ECFMG Certificate (International Medical Graduates only)
- Visas Sponsored – J1 only
If you are applying for training at the physician (R) position level (CA-1), the following additional information is required:
- Letter from your current program director (if currently a resident) or former program director indicating your most recent standing with the program
- Copy of any certificates received for completed training
Our program uses a holistic application review approach taking into consideration not only academic metrics but also the unique experiences and attributes of each candidate.
Following review by our residency selection committee, interview invitations will be extended to potential candidates. Interviews typically start in October and conclude in January. All applicants selected for an interview have met the criteria established by our program.
***Please note: In order to be considered, all applicants must be eligible to apply for a Texas license and also be able to comply with the requirements set forth by the Graduate Medical Education Department of UTHSCT.