UT Tyler Health Science Center Police Department
We are very excited about this addition to our overall safety plan and encourage every campus community member to take advantage of this service.
The RAVE Guardian Mobile Safety Application turns your smartphone into a personal safety device!
You can quickly contact university police in cases of an emergency by phone call or text, and you can use the app to dial 9-1-1 when you are off campus.
- Make an emergency call to police.
- Report a crime in progress or suspicious activity.
This free app is available through your mobile app store – download (see links below) the RAVE Guardian, which will then personalize to the UT Tyler Health Science Center Campus.
- Safety timer – set a timer from five minutes up to 24 hours so that if you have not reached your destination and deactivated the timer, university police will be alerted.
- GPS location – using your profile information, university police will be able to reach you and make sure you are safe.
- Guardians – you may designate friends, roommates or family to be your guardian during your safety timer session.
- Emergency call button – allows direct and immediate contact to campus police, including GPS location and user profile information.
- User profile – provides campus police with as much, or as little, information as you wish to submit, including current location, medical conditions, addresses and photo. This data isn’t shared with police until activation occurs either by call, text or expired safety timer.
These are a great features whether you are walking across campus late at night, on a date, or traveling and want to make sure your friends and family are able to find you in case you need them. You may also want to use the safety timer feature when you are traveling alone so that your designated “Guardians” can maintain contact with you.
For iPhone download app at this link
For Android download from Google Play Store at this link