Graduate students and other professional trainees at the Health Science Center at UT Tyler learn alongside accomplished faculty and become colleagues as they develop their interests and refine their knowledge and skills. We encourage students to engage in professional development and begin searching for job opportunities.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states that employment in healthcare occupations is projected to grow 16 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.6 million new jobs. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups.
Handshake – Handshake is a powerful, modern recruiting platform that enables employers to search for and manage relationships with you.
- Innovative feed of job and internship opportunities, including on-campus, off-campus, and Work-Study employment
- Appointment scheduling with your Career Success Coach
- Register for events such as career fairs and on campus interviews
- Access to Career Success Resources
Career Search – A real-time database that indexes healthcare job openings nationwide
UT Tyler Career Services – guidance, resources, and support for career development
Available by appointment, students can
- Access one-on-one help with CV/resume preparation, career search, mock interviews, and social networking consulting
- Development of professional portfolio and goals