COVID-19 Transition to Remote Teaching
We are continuing to monitor information from oversight agencies regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and prevention efforts. To maintain continuity of operations, and assure the continuation of quality instruction several resources for students and faculty are now available on the uthct.edu website under “Resources.”
Current Guidance for Instruction During COVID-19:
- Faculty members teaching a class this semester should reach out to students and make them aware of any adjustments being made and provide an updated syllabus if necessary.
- University-related faculty and student travel must be approved by emailing .
- Students should notify faculty members of any course-related questions or concerns.
- The HSC’s Center for Educational Technology (CET) is available remotely through Microsoft Teams and can assist you with issues relating to Moodle or utilizing synchronous/asychronous software. The Faculty Teaching Resources page can be found at https://www.uthct.edu/faculty-teaching-resources.
- Student and academic support staff members are available to assist students who require tutoring, scheduling, counseling, career support and other resources in a distance format. The student success resource page can be found at https://www.uthct.edu/student-success-resources.
- IT support is available to students and staff by calling (903) 877-7700.
Please observe the recommendations of social distancing and reduction in group meetings/events. Health science center officials and medical experts are continuously monitoring and following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
Please continue to observe all public health recommendations as we work through this difficult time. We welcome your questions, comments and concerns as we move forward. Please call Student Services at (903) 877-7560. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in dealing with this rapidly evolving situation.