All residency applicants must apply through ERAS. We accept eight residents every year.
- Graduate of an LCME/AOA accredited medical school
- Passed USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS
- Dean’s letter
- 3 Letters of recommendation (preferably from faculty who you have worked with clinically)
- Curriculum vitae and personal statement
- Length of time since graduation requirement must be less than 3 years.
- We accept J1 Visas
Interviews take place from October through December on Wednesdays and Fridays. The night before each interview, residents take candidates out to dinner. (Spouses and significant others are welcome.) The next day consists of a faculty interview, a tour of UT Health Tyler and lunch with the residents.
Virtual Application Packet
Click the button below to download the PDF documents in our Virtual Application Packet, including an “Acknowledgements” page you must print, sign and return to us as part of your application process.