Books or articles from journals that the library does not own can usually be borrowed for affiliated personnel from another library. Loan periods vary dependent on the lending institution.
- HSC students, faculty, and staff, post-docs, medical residents, interns, fellows, and medical or other students on rotation at HSC (request here)
- No charge
- Contract hospitals and professionals
- Per library service agreement
- Professionals in the local area with non-profit affiliation
- $13.00 per article plus applicable copyright fees
- Unaffiliated students
- Refer to home library
NOTICE: WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright