All residency applicants must apply through ERAS. The deadline for receipt of applications is January 4 each year. Only applications submitted through ERAS will be reviewed. Our program conducts interviews from October to January on Mondays and Fridays. The interview day consists of a welcome breakfast with residents and the program director, a morning report, a program director slide presentation, a faculty interview, a hospital tour, lunch with residents at noon conference and an exit interview with the program director and program coordinator.
The following guidelines are used by the Residency Selection Committee to identify applicants to be interviewed and possibly considered for final ranking and/or eligibility for appointment:
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Passed USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS, preferably on the first attempt with scores of 200 or above
- USMLE transcripts are required: The Residency Selection Committee will not recommend applicants for interview without score transcripts. For international graduates, Parts 1 and 2 of the USMLE transcripts are required with application submission. For U.S. graduates, Part 1 transcript is required with application submission with the understanding that Part 2 transcript is required by June 1st.
- For IMGs, ECFMG certification is required at time of application
- Dean’s Letter, plus three letters of recommendation are required (letters from faculty with whom the applicant has worked clinically)
- Submission of a curriculum vitae and personal statement are required
- Must be able to come to Longview, Texas, to interview
- Must be prepared to do three years residency training in the categorical program
- Must be able to assume all responsibilities of training on the specified date of contract; all appointees must report for orientation during the last two weeks of June
- Due to the high volume of residency applications, we are unable to respond to every inquiry with regard to acceptance for interview.
Virtual Application Packet
Click the button below to download the PDF documents in our Virtual Application Packet, including an “Acknowledgements” page you must print, sign and return to us as part of your application process.