PROGRAM ADMISSION PREREQUISITES
To be admitted to the MPH graduate program, a student must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (or be in final year of study) and have completed:
- Two semesters of science (such as biology, chemistry, environmental science, anatomy, physiology, and physics)
- One semester of college algebra or an equivalent course
- Students must complete the graduate program application for admission into the MPH graduate program (available on the university website)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended, including community colleges. Applicants should have an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. (If you do not meet the minimum GPA requirements, it is possible to be admitted on a probationary status.)
- All applicants must submit three letters of recommendation. These letters should be written by former professors and / or employers to highlight why you would do well in the MPH graduate program.
An applicant admitted to a graduate program at UT Health Science Center must enroll within one calendar year of admission. Thereafter, the applicant must reapply for admission.
The application process will be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Admission and Scholarship Policies for Graduate and Professional Programs, which was adopted by the 77th Session of the Texas Legislature, and which amends Chapter 51 of the Texas Education Code.
A $50 application fee is to be included with the application materials. A fee of $75 must accompany the application of all foreign applicants, except those under university-sponsored exchange programs.
The University of Texas at Tyler
Graduate Admissions STE 345
3900 University Blvd
Tyler, TX 75799