Did you know that hearing loss is permanent?
Working in an agriculture, forestry, or fishing can be noisy! Extended exposure to machinery, equipment, and even some animals can lead to hearing loss.
Check out the image below to see how loud is too loud
Cost-Effective Ways To Prevent Hearing Loss
- Wear hearing protection and provide it for your workers. See the hearing protection guide.
- Install noise-reducing mufflers.
- Replace worn machinery parts.
- If possible, distance yourself from the source of the noise.
- Minimize the amount of time you spend in noise settings as much as possible.
- Be familiar with the noise hazards that are present in an everyday work setting.
Signs and Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- A ringing or buzzing occurring in the ear.
- Difficulty hearing other people clearly.
- Listening to the radio or television louder than normal.
- Asking co-workers or family members to constantly repeat themselves.
- Difficulty hearing on the phone.
Written by: Gunner Arms, 2022 CASH Intern