The purpose of the SW Ag Center Outreach Mini Grants Program is to engage regional institutions, organizations, and agencies to expand agricultural occupational health and safety outreach within AR, LA, OK, NM, and TX. Outreach grants are intended to facilitate and expand the use of proven tools, methods, best practices and technologies among agricultural, forestry, and commercial fishing workers and their families.
Gear Up for Ag Health and SafetyTM
University of Arkansas Farm Stress Management Program
Texas A&M AgriLife Video Testimonial Project
|Oklahoma 4-H ATV Rider Course|
The theme of the SW Ag Center is “Building Strategic Partnerships to Improve the Health and Safety of Diverse Agricultural, Forestry and Fishing Populations.” All proposed programs must serve the SW Ag Center’s region.
Projects must address one or more of the Intermediate Outcomes from SW Ag Center’s logic model:
- New partners are engaged in Center outreach and/or research
- Outreach efforts target/address regional emerging issues, priority topics and vulnerable populations
- Interns, students and or young professionals gain career experience in AFF safety & health
- Communication products are used by AFF stakeholders
- Education/training materials are relevant and useful to AFF stakeholders
- Research tools, methods, best practices & technologies are used among the AFF workplace
- AFF workers adopt safe and healthy work behaviors
- Center’s reach and AFF safety & health outreach is broadened
Key Dates & Information:
- Letter of Intent: July 15th
- Application Deadline: August 15th
- Notice of Award: September 15th
- Anticipated Start Date: September 30th
- Final Report Due: October 31st (one month following project completion)
- Number of Awards/Year: 3-5 awards
- Duration of Award: 12 months
- Award Amount: up to $10,000
- Indirect costs are limited to 8%.
NIOSH uses the Cooperative Agreement mechanism to fund the AFF Initiative. This approach directs NIOSH staff to be substantially involved as a partner with the Ag Centers. Similarly, the SW Ag Center staff will work collaboratively with the successful outreach mini grant applicants.
Application & Report Templates:
For questions or to submit the letter of intent, please contact: