Our Rural Family Medicine Residency is independently accredited by the ACGME and the application through NRMP is a separate application form. Please fill out a separate application for the Rural Family Medicine Program at UT Health Pittsburg- Pittsburg, Texas.
All residency applicants must apply through ERAS. Only applications submitted through ERAS will be reviewed. The following guidelines are used by the Residency Selection Committee to identify applicants to be interviewed and possibly considered for final ranking and/or eligibility for appointment:
- Graduate of an accredited LCME, AOA, or Canadian medical school
- Passed USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS
- USMLE transcripts are required: The Residency Selection Committee will not recommend applicants for interview without score transcripts. For international graduates, Parts 1 and 2 of the USMLE transcripts are required with application submission. Part 1 transcript is required with application submission with the understanding that Part 2 transcript is required by the time of match
- Dean’s Letter, plus three letters of recommendation are required (letters from faculty with whom the applicant has worked clinically)
- Submission of a curriculum vitae and personal statement are required
- Must be prepared to do three years residency training in the categorical program
- Must be able to assume all responsibilities of training on the specified date of contract; all appointees must report for orientation during the last two weeks of June
If candidates are not selected for an interview, they will not be contacted. This is due to the high volume of residency applications. We are unable to respond to every candidate.
Our program conducts interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays from October to December of each year. The interview day includes time in Pittsburg and Tyler. Dinner with the residents and a hospital tour in Pittsburg are offered the night before the interview. The interview day consists of faculty and resident interviews in Pittsburg, followed by lunch with the residents, a tour of the UT Health North Campus and interviews in Tyler that afternoon.
Virtual Application Packet
Click the button below to download the PDF documents in our Virtual Application Packet, including an “Acknowledgements” page you must print, sign and return to us as part of your application process.