Are you accredited by the ACGME?
- Yes, we are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) as a one-year preliminary training program.
How do I submit my application?
- We only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Does the program accept applicants outside of the NRMP match?
- No, the program participates only in the NRMP Match and does not accept applicants outside of the Match.
Do you accept international medical graduates requiring a visa?
- Our institution does accept J1 Visas only.
Will you be offering virtual interviews?
- All interviews will be conducted virtually and will be scheduled through ERAS. Applicants can select available dates.
What if I cannot make it on my interview date or need to change dates?
- Please notify our office by ERAS, phone, or email as soon as possible if a scheduling change needs to be made.
What will the virtual interview day look like?
- The virtual interview day will begin at 12:30 pm with a group Q&A session with the program director. All applicants will participate in an individual interview with a faculty member and a brief individual interview with the program director.
Will the program allow moonlighting?
- Moonlighting is not permitted during the Transitional Year.
How many residents does your program accept each year?
- We accept 12 Transitional Year residents each year.
Where will my rotations be located?
- UT Health East Texas at Tyler – midtown hospital (primary site)
- UT Health Science Center North Campus (specialty clinics)
- Tyler Family Circle of Care – West Gentry Health Center (IM ambulatory clinic)
- Community Specialty Facilities (various specialty rotations)
Do you offer an employment benefits package?
- Yes, in conjunction with UT System benefits.
Do you accept COMLEX?
- Both USMLE and COMLEX are accepted.
Do you accept Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine graduates?
- Yes, we accept graduates from both MD and DO medical schools.