Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Our fellowship program participates in the National Residency Matching Program. All applicants must apply through this program.
- All applicants must be from a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the American Osteopathic Association in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Emergency Medicine.
- Perspective fellow must be board certified or board eligible in a primary care specialty.
- If the perspective fellow is currently in his/her final year of residency, successful completion of the residency is a requisite for matriculation in our program.
We offer and encourage interested residents to spend two to four weeks with us here in Tyler at our Sports Medicine Clinic. These electives are limited, and therefore, it is recommended that you apply for these electives well in advance. In addition, we would also like to create and individualized learning plan for students during this rotation to maximize their learning experience.
Applications will be accepted starting September 1, 2014 and the deadline to submit applications is October 31, 2014. The application can be downloaded from the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®), a program of the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation including one from your program director
- Medical school transcript, official transcript of FLEX/USMLE/National Board
- Registered NRMP number
Please send all material to:
Allison Tobola, MD
c/o Jackie Richardson
11937 US Hwy 271
Tyler, TX 75708
For more information, contact: